Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zagzebski
Creator
Creator

Slider Object with variable

I can't figure what I am doing wrong.

I have a slider object using a variable called vRetentionPct. I have the number format set to Interger/Show in Percent. As I move the slider it won't change the expression with the vRetentionPct variable. However I have an input box referencing the same variable using the same number format (Integer/Show in Percent) and it will change the expression.

One thing worth noting is for the Input Box to work I have to remove the "%" sign and type in .55 if I want 55%, for example.

8 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I can't reproduce you issue.

For these kind of issues, it's really helpful if you could post a small sample file that demonstrates your issue, and we can also have a close look at all your settings.

Not applicable

You can create the action after change the variable value on the Variable triggers.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

I may misunderstand something here, IMHO there is no action needed.

zagzebski
Creator
Creator
Author

THanks - I will try to strip some stuff out and send it.

zagzebski
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for responding

I don't understand why I should have to do that. If I am changing the variable within the slider, why would I need an additional trigger to make it work in the expression?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Well, that should not be a big thing.

I've attached a sample.

Not applicable

It might help if you could share the formula that you are using.

Also, check on how the slider is sending values to your input box. I noticed that you said you had to erase the % in the input box--this means that the value sitting in your variable also has '%' attached to it, which means that your calculation might not do anything either (it will consider it as text, perhaps).

Not applicable

issue and result are not clear,can u plz be clear