Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Users unable to view qvw on Server

Hi,

We have a qlikview server that we host on a windows server. We are running all the services and asking users to access the files via the Qlikview access point. We have assigned 4 out 30 available CAL licenses. The problem is that only 2 of the users are able to view the qvw files on the access point. All others see a blank access point screen. This happens irrespective of whether there is seciton access or no section access in a document.

Please help.

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

the QV Server takes the permission from the underlying NTFS authorisation. You do not need to share the folder. Rather it is the permissions on the folder. If you mount a new folder and by default all domain users have access to it then all the applications will be available in access point.

Therefore ensure that the permissions are set so that correctly on the mounted folders. This is not done in the Management Console unless you have turned on DMS authorisation. Which I am assuming you have not.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This sounds like a permissions issue:

1. Have you section access on in the documents. If so you will need to add the users to the section access.

2. What authorisation have you set for the QV server? ensure that either the user docs have appropriate NTFS or DMS authorisation.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Damian,

It doesn't work even if there is no section access. I tried to load a test document without any section access but that too is visible only to 2 particular users.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

What about the folder permissions for the User Docs folder? Do these two users have access to the folder?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Damian,

It does look like a folder permission issue. Can you please help with this?

2 users have access on the folder as shared users on the server. They are able to see the content.

But I just tried to mount a new folder on the QVS and all users are able to see the files in that folder. Even though that folder is not shared with anyone. Can you please tell what can be the issue here?

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

the QV Server takes the permission from the underlying NTFS authorisation. You do not need to share the folder. Rather it is the permissions on the folder. If you mount a new folder and by default all domain users have access to it then all the applications will be available in access point.

Therefore ensure that the permissions are set so that correctly on the mounted folders. This is not done in the Management Console unless you have turned on DMS authorisation. Which I am assuming you have not.