Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

bar chart color

Hi,

Whenever we use 2 expressions in a bar chart, 2 different colors are taken for both the expressions to display them. In my case one of those 2 expressions is invisible. So chart is having single color.

Is there any way to give different colors to the bars belonging to same expression?

Thanks

14 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Try Multicolor Option under Color Tab.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Multi colored option will not come when I have 1 invisible and other visible expressions.

Thanks

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Instead of Invisible, why dont u hide the expression.

When you hide one expression even on condition, it will work.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You mean to say I have to disable current invisible expression ?

Thanks

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Kaushik's suggestion is the best one. You can disable one of the expression by removing tick from ENABLE.

But in case if you still persist to keep the second expression as invisible (may be because you want both expression while exporting to excel)... click on + sing in expression tab and under background colour, write an expression to show different color.. something like below.

if(SUM(QTY) < 400, GREEN(),

iF(SUM(QTY) < 600, RED(), QlikTechGray()))

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Not disable, you can use the "conditional" option available under expression tab.

So you can conditionally enable or disable the expression.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Not applicable
Author

When we make an expression as invisible, the expression will be evaluated and graph will be changed accordingly but it wont be displayed. Disabling an expression is as good as not having that expression which wont meet my requirement.

Not applicable
Author

There is no condition for it. I want it to be invisible always.

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Then disable it, if its not visible whats the use of having that.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki