Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

$Table

I am trying to get $Table (the list of all tables in my dataset) to behave like a regular table in which I can select elements in it and have them act like filters.

I think this is best accomplished by simply loading it into another table (after filtering out the items I don't want to see) and then using them to select the fields I need, but I cannot seem to accomplish this.

The data structure is such that I have a very large number of tables with three fields, an ID field, a value field and a weight field.

The value field has the same name as the table in which it is stored.

Thus, I should be able to use the table names (which have the potential to change each time I get new data) to select from and filter by the value fields.

How do I do this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rbecher
MVP
MVP

Hi Andrew,

could you please upload a sample app with the data model and some test data to get e better understanding of your use case. One solution could be to have one additional concatenated table with the fields tablname, id or have everything consolidated like in a generic load: Generic load example from QlikView Reference Manual with table consolidation

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D

View solution in original post

4 Replies
rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

Create a Table Box and Add all the system fields

like this

2013-11-13_1942.png

Not applicable
Author

That gives me the total number of rows from each of the selected tables, but it doesn't link them back though the ID fields to the other tables.

So I can get the totals across all time, but not for each individual time period.

I do want to count the number of fields in the tables, but I need them associated with everything else through the ID field so that they can be segmented by the other fields. (In this case, I need them to group by month name and count the value fields across that dimension)

I need it to understand that while I am selecting a table name, I want the field associated with that table name so that all of the other joins work.

rbecher
MVP
MVP

Hi Andrew,

could you please upload a sample app with the data model and some test data to get e better understanding of your use case. One solution could be to have one additional concatenated table with the fields tablname, id or have everything consolidated like in a generic load: Generic load example from QlikView Reference Manual with table consolidation

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable
Author

What you are describing is exactly what I ended up doing to fix this, I just forgot to post that I had it figured out here.

Thank you!