Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem in installing qvs 9.0 64bits on windows xp 64bits

We have problem in installing QVS 9.0 64 bits on Windows XP 64bits.
We have a clean installation of XP and updated to latest with windows update
Then, installing QVS 9.0 but block in "Logon Information" (Pleaase refer to this pdf: http://218.189.199.168/qvs/qvs9_winxp64.pdf)

We are sure the password we filled is correct.

We have tried to uncheck the box "I want to specify the account to be used for the services now." and the installation can continue. However, after installation and reboot, all qlikview services cannot be started automatically. But i can start it one by one. However, once i want to browse "Qlikview Management Console", it ask me a username and password but always said my credential is incorrect (Once again, we are sure the password and username is correct).

Is there any issue in installing QVS 9.0 64bits on Windows XP 64 bits? From the QVS reference manual, it said QVS 9.0 support windows xp x64 edition!

Also, We have tried to install qvs 9.0 32 bits on win xp 32 bits without any problem.

Did anyone face the similar problem?

4 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Try setting up another user with a password. Make sure this user is a member of the Administrators group. Then in the install use this user and see what happens.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Emily,

Manually assign the correct user to each service using the Windows Services application. Make sure that the user is in the QlikView Administrators group.

Remember that you need to reboot after installing Server.

Stephen

Not applicable
Author

Tried but still the same, the installation cannot verify the username and password. (I'm sure the username and password i typed is correct)

stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Forget about having it verify the username at that time. Choose to enter them later.

Then you can add the username in the Windows Services application and start the services from there.

Stephen