cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r3iuk
Creator
Creator

QV9 AccessPoint - Setting up a Local Account for Login

We are using version 9 with QlikView's own web server (i.e. not IIS).

Our QlikView server is in a domain, and users who have logins within the domain can use the AccessPoint without any problems.

We have some colleagues in another part of the company who need to have access to the AccessPoint but who currently do not have accounts in our domain. When they try to use the AccessPoint, they are prompted to enter a username and password.

I have tried creating a local account on the QlikView server and using that account to get access without success. I've tried entering <qv server name>\<local account username> in the username field. After several attempts, the account gets set to locked out on the server.

I've tried adding the account to both the administrators and QlikView administrators groups without success.

Short of getting domain accounts set up for these users, does anybody know what I need to do to get this local account to work?

12 Replies
lhr
Employee
Employee

hello,

first of, the DSC is not involved at this stage. by the looks of it, you are doing everything correct. <machine>\<user>, where <machine> is the name of the machine where the users are created is correct. are the accesspoint and the QVS running on the same machine? if not, which machine are the users on?

since the account gets locked out, it seems an authentication is actually attempted, but for some reason the credentials given are deemed incorrect. very mysterious indeed.

you have verified that the local accounts is working properly locally (e.g., logged in with them)? we have seen other (unrelated) cases where authentication fail until the account has actually been logged in with (creating a profile or something similar that for some strange reason matters).

cheers,

lars

r3iuk
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Lars,

The accesspoint and QVS are both running on the same server. The local users account are also set up on this server.

I have logged onto the server OK with the local user account but the accesspoint entry still cannot authenticate.

I checked the settings in the Enterprise Management Console and re-entered the credentials for the Local Directory (I am using the local adminsitrator account). I restarted the DSC service and noticed the following message in the Event Log:

(LocalDirectory.LocalDirectoryProvider) Exception in background directory reader: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007052E)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

It looks like the Local Directory connection is not starting up correctly with the DSC Service?

lhr
Employee
Employee

for some reason the supplied credentials isn't working for the DSC, but that is unrelated to not having access to the accesspoint.

im sorry to say that i haven't really got any ideas as to why windows won't let the accesspoint authenticate using the local users credentials. i will post any updates if something comes up.