Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dynamic document CAL does not work

Hi,

We have Qlikview 10 Enterprise edition 10SR6.

We use document level's 'dynamic CAL assignment' to allocate and deallocate CALS. Unfortunatly Qlikview will not clear off the old CALs

Is this by design?

Capture.PNG.png

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I believe this is by design and your only solution is to manually delete CALs after a certain time period.

I would be interested though to know if anyone has a way of automating this task...though that might go against the whole QV licensing concept.

Edit: worth noting as well is that if the license was leased less than 24 hours ago it will be quarantined by the QV server before it can be deleted. Please do correct me if this information is inaccurate.

Not applicable
Author

Hi

As far as i know  QlikView can allocate CAL dynamically to the first user which connects (takes a slot).

Once the slot is taken it is allowed to this user.

I reckon there is no dynamic de-allocation but may be a macro can specifically de-allocate users at a choosen frequency.

Let me know

best regards

chris

Not applicable
Author

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Yes, by design QlikView will allocate automatically and you have to deallocate manually (or using a program)

Check PowerTools, there´s a small application that clear licenses, maybe can help you

jonasheisterkam
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

QlikView Management API - #2 Export / Add / Delete Document CALs

With Visual Studio you can use this project and change it you want. Automatic delete after 24h are possible. One you must add is converting the time, because qv-server-time is ever in greenwich time and if you delete one which is not 24h not used it will been blocked this cal. 

Not applicable
Author

This is excellent, really useful info...beats deleting them every morning!

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

@christianj very good

dvasseur
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Only compatible with QV11+