Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is it possible to create a data dictionary with the Data Governance app?

Is it possible to create a data dictionary with the Data Governance application? This would be used to store business terms and definitions, so that we can ensure consistency in terminology across dashboards.

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Danielle,

I recommend you to have a look at this document from Michael Tarallo that explains Storing and Reusing QlikView Specific Expressions with QlikView Expressor: http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-4214

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your response, but that's not what I'm looking for.

To clarify, I'm wanting a place to store business definitions (like a business dictionary). I'm not looking to connect the definitions to anything technical (nothing to do with expressions); I just want to store "plain English" definitions so that business users can reference them when viewing the dashboard. Can I use QlikView for this?

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Danielle,

As a customer I once included business rules / definitions in an Excel file and loaded that Excel file into the corresponding QlikView app(s).  Of course, you could use something more scalable like a database (SQL Server) or a 'semi'-database (MS Access).  I believe you can also store and retrieve such information using Sharepoint (and pull that data into QlikView).

Does this help?

Tyler