Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Create expression in Script rather than Front End

Hi guys,

This should be pretty straight forward, but it is not working as expected for me.

I have 5 expressions as follows

sum(C1_K)/sum({<C_Date={'<=$(=today()-1)'}>}Value)

sum(C21_K)/sum({<C_Date={'<=$(=today()-21)'}>}Value) and so on

The expressions cause my front end to slow down when this chart is displayed.

I would like to move this to the script to simp-lify the calculation.

I tried if(C_Date = today()-1, 1,0) as C1_K_Flag

When I put this back in my expression as sum(C1_K)/sum(C1_K_Flag * Value), it doesn't work and comes up with a blank chart.

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Your script flag is checking for C_Date equal today()-1 while your set modifer is using a date range (<=today()-1).

Could this explain something? If you don't have data for C_Date equal today()-1, all flags are zero and your expression won't return anything (div by zero).

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Instead of moving all calcutations to script, I could create all variables into your script with this code

for i = 1 to 31

Let varname='vC'&i&'_K';

Let varvalue=date(Today() - i);

Let $(varname) = '$(varvalue)';

next

And then use

Sum(C1_K)/sum({<C_Date={'<=$(vC1_K)'}>}Value)

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Your script flag is checking for C_Date equal today()-1 while your set modifer is using a date range (<=today()-1).

Could this explain something? If you don't have data for C_Date equal today()-1, all flags are zero and your expression won't return anything (div by zero).

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for all the responses. Swuehl, thanks for spotting my obvious mistake. I wasn't using the right expression in my load script because I was ignoring the <= sign.

Everything works fine now.

Many thanks