Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Ajax Client - how to remove auto generated toolbar

Hello

Using AccessPoint Server 9.0 I'm wondering how I can remove the embedded top menubar which contains CLEAR to SELECT Bookmark and Select Report.

We are using the Ajax client and I do not see a server settings to remove that toolbar. Have tried removing all toolbars at in the QV 9.0 document but no change when uploaded and viewed from QV AccessPoint Server.

TIA - Stoney

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Karl_Humma
Employee
Employee

Just drop the attached .htm file in the C:\Program Files\QlikView\Server\QvClients\QvAjaxZfc folder and reference it like it is in the jpg.

/Karl

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Karl_Humma
Employee
Employee

Just drop the attached .htm file in the C:\Program Files\QlikView\Server\QvClients\QvAjaxZfc folder and reference it like it is in the jpg.

/Karl

Not applicable
Author

Apparently this solution doesn't work with the version 10 server.

I get the following message : Stack overflow at line 1 from the Ajax client

Not applicable
Author

you can edit the file default.css in the C:\Program Files\QlikView\Server\QlikViewClients\QlikViewAjax\htc directory to edit the style of elements of the qlikview ajax client. By adding a "display:none" property to the QvToolBar element you'll hide it. I attached the modified file. It will work on every browser since it is a very basic css property.

tduarte
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

jgeorge wrote:

you can edit the file default.css in the C:\Program Files\QlikView\Server\QlikViewClients\QlikViewAjax\htc directory to edit the style of elements of the qlikview ajax client. By adding a "display:none" property to the QvToolBar element you'll hide it. I attached the modified file. It will work on every browser since it is a very basic css property.

Thanks.

It works for QV10 but would be nice if there was a setting on the Management Console for example so we could turn the bar on/off.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks this a useful solution for me.

I would like to add some more information. After modifying the "default.css" file it might be a good idea to compress it as well to "default.css.gz". Modern browsers accept compressed files making it faster to load. If the browser is willing to accept compressed files it might load the compressed form of the css file.

You can compress the modified "default.css" by using gzip for instance. See http://www.gzip.org. To compress, use a command like:

gzip -9 -n -f -c default.css > default.css.gz

Of course you can also delete (or rename) the compressed version giving the browser no choice which form to load.

Not applicable
Author

Anyone have any thoughts as to how to make the toolbar VISIBLE in QV workbench created content?  I'm using QV 10 SR2 and would like to implement the toolbar into the aspx files I'm creating.

Thank you for any and all input.

Jeff G

Teppo_Ojala
Former Employee
Former Employee

How about QV11? I have tried with this css file, but so far without success. In QV10 this file worked nicely.

Tnks!

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Use the document extension capability added with QV11 instead. It's roughly 5-10 lines of code depending on how much you want to remove and it's a supported feature that will work between releases.

Quick sample code that will remove the toolbar. You would need to remove the toolbar nav, and close session button if you want it completly clean.

Qva.AddDocumentExtension('NoMoreToolbar', function(){

this.Document.SetToolbarPaint(function () {

this.element.style.display = "none";

});

});

Not applicable
Author

I've never used Document Extensions. How and where do you add this code to make it work?