Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johancervell
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Font/text problem

Hi,

I have a section with multiple text objects displaying dates and some other values. On the computers I have tested on everything works fine and looks like this:

ok.png

However, a customer is using the same application but gets the following problem (sorry about the screenshot resolution):

nok.png

When I am accessing the document the same way as he does (Qlikview Windows client/Open in Server) everything looks fine. Does anyone have any insights on this? User settings, screen resolution, etc.?

Thanks!

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Johan

It is the differences in how the Full Browser [ aka Ajax] vs. IE Plugin renders objects.

In your desktop try with & without WebView switched on

And via AccessPoint try Full Browser [ aka Ajax] & IE Plugin.

Best Regards,     Bill

Not applicable

Hi Johan,

Such difference might be because of AJAX and IE plug in.

If so, then you can check it on your machine by turning on/off web view, it can be done from View menu.

View.bmp

By turning on webview, you can see how the application will look in AJAX and hence can adjust the size/appearance of the object accordingly.

Hope this helps!

johancervell
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. However, neither the Ajax client nor the IE plugin is used in this case. We are only using the installed desktop client. Toggling WebView does not make a difference.

So the questions remains; why is there a difference in how the text looks on different computers when accessing the document in the same way?

johancervell
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. Please see my reply to Bill Markham above.

/Johan

Not applicable

If there is no difference in how you are accessing the document, then you can try following (Might be of help, have not faced any such issue till now, so have not tried myself) :

1. Try clicking on Fit Zoom To window in the view menu.

2. Change the resolution to 1024 x 768 or make it similar in both the computers, that might help.