Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Mouse drag to move objects is not working

Hi All,

I am facing a strange issue. I can't able to drag any object in my application to rearrange even though I enabled the Admin Override Security and Move/Resize in the Layout properties. But still I am not able to drag any object.

Anyone is having any idea about this?

Thanks,

Manu

9 Replies
anandathome
Creator
Creator

Enable Caption on your object.

Then drag by holding the caption.

Not applicable
Author

Caption was already enabled. Moreover I am not able to move the text objects as well by mouse drag

MayilVahanan

Hi

Check the sheet properties -> Security -> Allow move/Size sheet objects is checked?

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Not applicable
Author

Yes, Even that is enabled.

MayilVahanan

Hi

Can you provide sample file for tat?

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Not applicable
Author

I can but I think the problem is with the user preferences or my qlikview client. Because this problem suddenly came today.. I have multiple applications in my system and this drag is not working for any application. So there might be no problem with the application but some settings might got changed.

cgdonders
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Manu,

I'm experiencing the same problem. Working with QV 11.2 SR5 on Windows 8.1 laptop. Suddenly I can't drag and drop objects with my mouse. The keyboard shortcuts are still working. Did you find a solution? Re-installing QV desktop client only worked for a day(?)

lawrenceiow
Creator II
Creator II

Hi. As this post remains unanswered I just thought I'd add my experience and the solution that worked for me.

What worked:

I shut down my computer, started it back up again, problem solved.

What happened:

I was setting up various charts, list boxes, etc and dragging them around to where I wanted them when I suddenly found I was no longer able to move objects.  I had not been into any settings (user, document, sheet or object) so I knew it couldn't be to do with the "Allow Move/Size" options, despite this I still checked an sure enough, the box still had a tick in it.

I quit QlikView and started it again but his did not work. I opened a previous version of the document and I was able to drag objects around. Eventually, I restarted my computer and this seemed to cure the problem.

jonoogle
Contributor III
Contributor III

well, 8 years later and this is still a problem. reboot worked. None of the other solutions were useful nor applicable.