cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ssriramin19
Contributor III
Contributor III

restricting the data

In my application there is some thing called level of analysis (LOA_DESC) . with the values country and purchasing country,

When country is selected following appears in the report (attached with the file name country level of analysis) As can be seen from the image for the country only ar:argentina  br:Brazil should apprear.

How to filter those other values when country level of analysis is clicked

In other words for the country level of analysis only country code and country_desc should appear in the report.

Next for other level of analysis purchasing country only country code and cust_id should be appearing . Attached image will explain clearly .

For purchasing country there should not be any description to be appearing in the report.

The script written in the back end is

select distinct cust_id  as LOA , tp_ctry_code||':'|| cust_id as LOA_DESC
from  dgdmrv07.VGDMR_FPM_ADQ where dmd_mgmt_ownr_code='P401'
;
concatenate 

select DISTINCT ctry_code    as LOA , ctry_code||':'||ctry_desc  as LOA_DESC
from  dgdmrv07.FPM_LA_PROD_DTLS

Help is required at the earliest. This needs to be completed by today itself.

Thanks

Sriram

12 Replies
ssriramin19
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Can anyone please help me to resolve the problem at the earliest.

datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi Sriram,

maybe I am overlooking the actual difficulty - but to me it seems that just conditionalizing the dimension(s) and formula(s) of your diagram (dependent on variables) would do the job?

HTH

Best regards,

DataNibbler

ssriramin19
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Can you please bried me on this ?

Not applicable

Hi,

Do you have a link between the level you choose and what you want to display (country code & desc) ?

Fabrice

ssriramin19
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

in the back end the field everything is mapped with the same qlikview name.

datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi,

as Aunez states, the data_tables have to be linked.

(Hit Ctrl+T to view the table_structure and see whether that is the case)

If you have that, then you can make the dimension(s) and formula(s) of your diagramm dependent on those selections using the GETFIELDSELECTIONS() function, for example.

ssriramin19
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Please brief on the request and changes to be done further

Not applicable

Can you upload an image of the data model ?

Because I do not see any link between country level of analysis and the country code. Not in the LOAD statements you have written.

If there is a link, the QV association will do the limit for you between the listbox (containing the country level of analysis) and the country codes in the graph/table.

Fabrice

ssriramin19
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Please find the attached data mapping (data structure) . The item master is the main table in the report. The loa_desc is the table with fields loa and loa_desc .