Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Cache Warming

Hi there,

I understand that there is a pre-load functionality in QVS, but is there a feature equivalent to pre-caching or cache-warming? If anyone can point me to the right direction, it would be great.

Thank you.

8 Replies
dde
Employee
Employee

There is no feature out of the box like that, no.

I have achieved a similar thing using a copy of QlikView Desktop and the API.  Write some VBscript which cycles around some of your common listboxes.  It can then be scheduled as a Supporting Task in Publisher following your Reload and Distribution task.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Dave.

Not applicable
Author

Do u have any example? How to start?

dde
Employee
Employee

Two potential ways:

1. Use the VBScript idea as I mentioned.  I suggest you get the API Guide:http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-2640 .
  2. An alternative is to use the Load Testing tools at http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-2705 . Build a script to simulate testing but with a single user.  You could then batch run this from Publisher.
Not applicable
Author

Thank you. After first app with 500 mln you know, how it is important

dde
Employee
Employee

No worries.  Of course your first priority is to get the data model perfect, this just makes things even better.

Not applicable
Author

Yeah,

i'am during model perfection. But with this data volume each mutation (all almost clear stars, minimal use of set analysis) without cache response time is on the 30 s. level. With ready cache it is immediately.

Of course i know, that it is impossible to prepare cache with all potential users selection states. I think, cache will be very big, but (using pareto) probably 20% of cache will have 80% important users selections states. And this i why it is important to know, what users will be looking for in your big app.

regards

Darek

dde
Employee
Employee

Fair enough.  Work out what the primary route most users take (e.g. what listboxes) and then have your script loop around those.  You could then schedule this in Publisher to follow your Reload.