Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

Can this be used using a Single User License

Hi,

Do you need to have a Server to use QDF?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alan

I did a basic QDF install on a stand alone PC with just the QV Desktop on it, and did the QDF Exercises on it.

Obviously you can't do any of the Server / Publisher things without them installed, but I just wanted a risk free scratchpad to test out the basics on and for that it was great.

Best Regards,     Bill

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alan

I did a basic QDF install on a stand alone PC with just the QV Desktop on it, and did the QDF Exercises on it.

Obviously you can't do any of the Server / Publisher things without them installed, but I just wanted a risk free scratchpad to test out the basics on and for that it was great.

Best Regards,     Bill

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II
Author

Thanks Bill,

Yes I was able to deploy it, looking into it now

Thanks for the feedback

Regards

Alan

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi Alan, Bill is correct.
Let me explain, one of the basic ideas of the framework is that you can develop on your laptop without Server or Publisher. After development the applications can be moved to the server without the need to change a single parameter inside the application.

When using the QDF container architecture, applications are bound to the containers (by using the Global Variables) instead of the file system, and can thereby be moved between containers. The containers itself can also be copied between the clients to the servers, this is nice if you have qvd and connections strings you want to utilize.

Cheers