Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can this custom chart be created in QlikView?

sample_chart.jpg

Notice the rounded edges of the bars as well as the vertical reference lines.  Thanks for any help.

9 Replies
MayilVahanan

Hi

As per my knowledge, its not possible by default qlikview charts. May be try with extension objects. But extension object wil work in web view only.

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

If you need to match the visualization exactly then you may want to consider an extension object.  Extension objects are custom object that you can code yourself (or have some one code for you).  The world is your oyster with extensions.

Extension Object Basics.doc

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, that's what I was afraid of.  Also helpful to know extension objects are web viewable only.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks much for the reference to extension object basics.  That may be where I have to go with this one.

Not applicable
Author

I'm sorry if I'm too rough, but I cannot understand why the rounded borders is important in this chart. Even in the last one bar, because of the rounding, you cannot appreciate very well the proportion.

You can represent the same information in QlikView, and also have all the associative experience, search and filtering with an standard combo chart:

Capture.PNG.png

You could also use the Stock and Blox Plot representations with this kind of chart.

MayilVahanan

Hi Juan,

Nice work, But he need rounded edges of the bars.  So referred the extension object.

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Not applicable
Author

Aside from the rounded edges, this does look exactly correct.  The preference is rounded views (not my idea!) but this is very good.  Can you post the sample app with this chart?

Thanks much!

Not applicable
Author

I know I am a bit stubborn in this requests, but I think the real situation usually is he likes rounded edges, instead of he needs, because I cannot think about any reason apart from the aesthetics where rounded corners has any utility. And I am not sure this reason is worth enough to develop an extension,

I suspect you will spend less time convincing your client than developing a new chart extension.

Not applicable
Author

Sure. Here you are.