Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
awqvuserneo
Creator
Creator

Publisher license in license screen pointing to wrong server after migration

Folks,

I have some questions that I appreciate if you could help me solve this.

I have Publisher (recently upgraded from QV10SR2 to QV11SR3 prior to migration) that I installed on the 2nd server (after migrating it from 1st server). When I check the QMC on the 1st Server and check the "System" > "License" > "Publisher License", it's still pointing to the 1st server, even though, when I goto "System" >" Distribution Services", it's correctly pointing to the 2nd server.

Q: What should I do to make the QMC Publisher license screen showing it on the 2nd server?

As for the steps, this is what I did:

Effectively, all other services still within 1st server (with QDS disabled), and only QDS is in 2nd server.

1. I copied over from the 1st Server C:\ProgramFiles\QlikTech\ManagementServerce\ these following folders to the same path in NEW server (basically replacing the original folder in 2nd server):

- folder: QVPR (and its contents)

- folder: Publisher LEF 

- qvpr_Machine1.ini --> I modified this file to match the 2nd server name

- reginfo.txt

2. Using QMC in 1st Server, under System", under "Distribution Services", I modified it to point to the 2nd server QDS (if you expand the nodes, then all services is pointing to 1st server, EXCEPT Distribution Services - which what is supposed to be)

3. I tested the reload and everything else seems to be working fine - other than the above.

I appreciate any tips and guidance you can provide me and Thanks in advance,

Anton

3 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Anton,

I faced the same issue when we did migration. I cant remember whether its settings.ini or migrated.ini file.... one of them has to be edited manually. They have publisher url or VMname pointing at old server.

awqvuserneo
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Surya,

Thanks for the tips. Do you recall from which server those files are located (Is it on the Publisher server or at the Qlikview Server)?

-A-

Not applicable

Logically it should be the VM in which you installed QVS.

But, check all folder locations in (both)new QVServer and QVPublisher installed VMs.