Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Deleting identifying information from the file QV

How can I do it before I put the QV file in forum?

6 Replies
Nicole-Smith

You can scramble values in Document Properties > Scrambling (see below).  Make sure you don't scramble any keys or your data model will not hold together.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Alon

The document Preparing examples for Upload - Reduction and Data Scrambling by robwunderlichis worth reading.

The below is pasted in from it:

It's frequently useful to upload an example of your application when asking a question on the forum or sharing a technique with other Developers. Two concerns you may have about uploading an example are file size and data privacy.

Reducing File Size

The size of your example can be reduced by using the QV File -> Reduce Data command.

1. Make some selections to reduce the number of possible values in the qvw.
  2. From the menu bar, select File->Reduce Data ->Keep Possible Values.
  3. Use File->Save As to save the reduced copy under a new name

If you use "Save", QV will still open the "Save As" dialog to help you remember not to overwrite the master copy.

Protecting Data Privacy

You can protect the privacy of sensitive information, such as account numbers, revenue or customer names by using the QV Scrambling feature. In the menu bar, select Settings->Document Properties->Scrambling.

Here you can select the field(s) to scramble and press the "Scramble" button to perform a random scrambling of the field . No one can determine it's original contents. Like values will scramble to the same value which maintains the value linkages.

Best Regards,     Bill

Not applicable
Author

Thank you both.

I meant to Remove my personal Details. my name etc

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Alon

Do you mean the Windows file level properties ?

If so then in Windows Explorer [for Windows 7, other Windows versions could well differ]

• Right Click File your file
  • Go to the Details tab
  • Click <Remove Properties and Personal Information>
  • Follow prompts.............

If that is not what mean then please clarify where these Personal Details you are talking about are held / can be seen.

Best Regards,     Bill

Not applicable
Author

I did what you recommended (I chose - "Remove the following properties from file");

But from some reason  the button "Select All" non clickable.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Alon

A Windows forum could be better placed to help you with this one.

Best Regards,     Bill