Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Show last / most recent plotted expression value on chart?

For some reason my post on the same topic yesterday appears to not have made it through moderation so am trying again.

Given a typical chart, below I wish to show the data value on the chart but only for the most recent / right-hand-most record displayed - e.g. I want to see something like the yellow highlighted areas below, either approach will do for me.

2QlikView x64 - [X__40 MODELS_WIP-MarkerEfficiency-test.qvw_]_2013-11-21_12-50-13.png

I know Expressions -> Values on data points exists but as you know this shows all values and on narrow bars is effectively illegible for my purposes.

I tried adaptations of Qlik Tips: Lose the Legend in Line Charts

where use of the Values on data points feature is used with a formula along these lines:

Dual( If(MonthYear=Max(total MonthYear), CategoryType, ''), Sum(Sales) )

I've tried various approaches using my fields and tables but am not getting the expression field value to display. I'm just getting either Null or the dimension value to plot.

Using a date axis on the above I couldnt get it to work, so I tried another way using firstsortedvalue in a text box but using data as the x-axis it only shows me Null. I then tried with a product/itemreference and it showed me the correct itemreference but not the value of [Marker Efficiency] at that point. I also noticed that this method worked fine in a text box but not when doing something like putting

='Latest Efficiency = ' & firstsortedvalue( itemReference1,-Aggr( Avg( Distinct [Marker Efficiency]),itemReference1 )) in the window or chart title, there it shows the expression text but not its evalued form.
3BI - Evernote_2013-11-21_16-00-26.png

Can I get firstsortedvalue to work with a date dimension on the x-axis and then display the expression (bar plot) value of the last plotted expression?

I also tried using the Peek function but only get Nulls that way too.

How can I achive what I'm trying to do. First graph - the yellow highlights above. Thanks

2 Replies
Nicole-Smith

Please do not post the same thing multiple times.  The reply to this is on: Display / determine value of most recent datapoint in chart?

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, I usually would not do multiple posts but in this case moderation was taking > 24 hrs and with the great contributors in the forums In the past often one would have a solution posted in a hour or two so I was unsure what the issue was this time and what had happenned to my posting (i.e. whether it had gotten lost or whether there was just a delay in moderation) so I tried again, but after 2 days concluded it wasnt ever going to work so left it.