Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dual function qlikview not working

Hi,

I have attached the sample QVW file

In the Data details tab,

Using table box i am populating the data.i am hiding the column DD_ID and sorting based on it in Sort Tab{Properties}.Screenhot 1:

Error1.jpg

I have used Dual function for it in the script to hide the column in the table box and sort table rows based on it.

But when i tried to import it to excel i am getting the row number in the excel as shown in screenshot below:{Rowid 8}

Error3.jpg

The same function used for Dashboard is working fine.When you try to import it its working fine without displaying any numbers

Error2.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MayilVahanan

Hi

Use straight table to solve your problem. PFA, refer sheet2

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I also export your table in excel but I dint find any problem like you.

Check this attach file and let me know.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Not applicable
Author

can u please check the data details tab?

For dashboard tab it works

MayilVahanan

Hi

Try like this

DASHBOARD:

LOAD DB_ID,Dual(DB_RowName,DB_ID) AS DB_Name,

Col0 As D_Col0, Col1 As D_Col1, Col2 As D_Col2, Col3 As D_Col3, Col4 As D_Col4, Col5 As D_Col5, Col6 As D_Col6, Col7 As D_Col7

,Col8 As D_Col8, Col9 As D_Col9, Col10 As D_Col10, Col11 As D_Col11, Col12 As D_Col12,

COMP_DESC, RPT_YR

FROM C:\Hummingbird\CustomerReporting\0_QVD_Generators\Complex_QVDs\DIM_DASHBOARD.qvd (qvd);

DATADETAILS:

Load *, Text(DD_Name) as TextDD_Name;

LOAD DD_ID,Dual(DD_RowName,DD_ID) AS DD_Name,

Col0,Col1,Col2,Col3,Col4,Col5,Col6,Col7,Col8,Col9,Col10,Col11,Col12,Col13,Col14,Col15,Col16,Col17,Col18,Col19,Col20,

Col21,Col22,Col23,Col24,Col25,COMP_DESC,RPT_YR

FROM C:\Hummingbird\CustomerReporting\0_QVD_Generators\Complex_QVDs\DIM_DATADETAILS.qvd (qvd);

Then, use TextDD_Name As Dimension in TableBox instead of DD_Name;
or

Use Straight table, and use Text(DD_Name) as calculated dimension;

Hope tat helps

Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Not applicable
Author

Hi its nt wrkn.

can you please look in the sample QVW shared

MayilVahanan

Hi

Can you provide the qvds to reload the file?

Not applicable
Author

PFA for the QVD's

MayilVahanan

Hi

PFA

When i reload the qvd file, its vary from attached qvw file. When you export the file, you can see the difference between usage of dual function and text function dd_name column.

Not applicable
Author

Hi ,

Sry i din get you.

Are u trying to say that using Dual function we are not getting the intented results?

MayilVahanan

Hi

Dual function contains both id and text.
I think, when we export to excel, if there is null value for text, it takes number from dual function. So i asked you to load text() alone and use tat. is solve your export problem?