Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Slider

Hello everyone,

I am trying to create a slider object and a chart it will correspond to. I have a linear graph showing percentage increases in growth, and a slider object with different percentage numbers from 0 to 100. I want to be able to slide the object and the graph to show the corresponding parts of the graph, for example, which division had the smallest growth and which had the highest. However, I'm not sure how to tie the slider and the variable to the graph in the expression, as at the moment it's only showing me one value and it reverses the graph so it goes from 0 to -100% instead of 0 to 100%.

my current expression is (sum({<Metric={[Metric Type]}>} [Target]))=Percent

Percent is the variable used in the slider

I am new to qlikview, so any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Anna

4 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Go to Document Properties....

Triggers

Variable Even Triggers

Select Variable and do On Change ADD ACTION

Add SELECT IN FIELD

Write Down Field Name and Search String as per your requirement...

Not applicable
Author

Thank you, Manish!

So, in the risk of sounding stupid, the field name would be the expression I provided above as I want the slider to select values within that, but what would the search string be?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

you can set condition in "Dimension limit" tab of chart property  according to your variable (which should update after moving slider).

So if you select 5(percent) in slider, so variable value should 5 then change condition in Dimension Limit tab according to your need like "Show only" and then set slider variable there.

In expression, add your normal expression. no need put condition according to slider variable.

I hope this helps you.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Not applicable
Author

Thank you, Ashutosh, it works!!