Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

create alerts in qlikview

Hello,

i have managed to create an alert which alert me if a customer has a value under 20 when reloading document. But it is like it does not notify me when its distributed through qlikview server?

Any ideas on this?

Does anyone have experience with alerts?

There is not much documentationen on this i think?

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thomas

I have done it using Alert Wizard in QV Desktop

• Tools
  • Alert Wizard
  • A few clicks in choose On Post Reload.

How did you create your Alert ?

Best Regards,     Bill

Not applicable
Author

IVe tried this - but its like it only works when you manually press reload.... and thens not the purpose of it.

Not applicable
Author

I just pressed CTRL + ALT + A and then made my condition and then checked the things i figured seemed right.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thomas

It works fine for me when the qvw is reloaded via QlikView Server Task.

Have you set up  the smtp setting up in your QMS ?

Best Regards,     Bill

Not applicable
Author

ahh stupid me! i changed the trigger level

cheburashka
Creator III
Creator III

Hello,

If you want the alerts you've setup in your local document to work on the accesspoint/publisher enviroment.

You'll need to mark the "Batch" mode.

The info on "Mode" available in that fancy help button:

In the Mode group you can check the relevant options in order to define an alert as an Interactive (automatic triggers in layout) and/or as an alert relevant for external programs running QlikView in Batch mode (command line execution), e.g. QlikView Publisher, via the special Automation API for Batch triggers. If none of the check boxes in this group are marked, the alert can still be manually checked via macros.

,KR Koen

PS: If you solved your question, please mark your post as answered.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you! Good to know the way to use the alert option from desktop and Server.

Regards Claudia