Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
celindho
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Version 1.3 breaks $(Include=InitLink.qvs) functionality

Hi,

I just tested updating an existing framework to version 1.3 and I immediately noted that all reloads started failing. It appears that the new way that the framework uses to find the BasePath does not mix well with having an InitLink.qvs file in every folder of the 1.Application tree.

Is it a deliberate action to not support the CreateInitLink.bat => $(Include=InitLink.qvs) way of initialising the framework? I.e. should I migrate all my applications to use

$(Include=..\..\..\..\3.include\1.basevariable\1.init.qvs);

$(Include=..\..\..\3.include\1.basevariable\1.init.qvs);

$(Include=..\..\3.include\1.basevariable\1.init.qvs);

$(Include=..\3.include\1.basevariable\1.init.qvs);

instead or will this problem be fixed in the next release?

BR,

-Christian

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi Christian,

I have checked in the code and the newer way of identifying a container demand that there is a InitLink.qvs (hidden) in the Container root. This is a more flexible solution than before But this means (sorry to say) that CreateInitLink does not work correct any more and will be removed. Below is a dynamic Init script that will be a substitute for InitLinks in the future.

Cheers

SET vG.BasePath=;
SET vL.Path_tmp = ;

for vL.x =1 to 10-1

LET vL.Path='..\'&'$(vL.Path_tmp)';

LET vL.Path_tmp='$(vL.Path)'; $(Include=$(vL.Path)InitLink.qvs);

exit for when not '$(vG.BasePath)'= '' next

SET vL.Path = ;

SET vL.Path_tmp = ;

$(Include=$(vG.SubPath)\4.GenericContainerLoader.qvs);

This script will automatically try to find 1.init.qvs by searching for InitLink.qvs it’s a hidden file stored in every container root.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi Christian,

I have checked in the code and the newer way of identifying a container demand that there is a InitLink.qvs (hidden) in the Container root. This is a more flexible solution than before But this means (sorry to say) that CreateInitLink does not work correct any more and will be removed. Below is a dynamic Init script that will be a substitute for InitLinks in the future.

Cheers

SET vG.BasePath=;
SET vL.Path_tmp = ;

for vL.x =1 to 10-1

LET vL.Path='..\'&'$(vL.Path_tmp)';

LET vL.Path_tmp='$(vL.Path)'; $(Include=$(vL.Path)InitLink.qvs);

exit for when not '$(vG.BasePath)'= '' next

SET vL.Path = ;

SET vL.Path_tmp = ;

$(Include=$(vG.SubPath)\4.GenericContainerLoader.qvs);

This script will automatically try to find 1.init.qvs by searching for InitLink.qvs it’s a hidden file stored in every container root.

celindho
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Magnus,

Thanks for the quick reply! Any guesses on when the next minor version will be released?

-Chistian

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Sorry..