Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Analysis between dates using another fiel

HI

I am trying to calculate the impact of a new product launch. A new product is only new for so long so need to use set analysis to restrict the date range.

Alongside each sales line I have the launch date for the product.

so in theory the set analysis should look something like this

sum(

{

<

[ShipDate]={">=LaunchDate <([LaunchDate]+35)"}

>

}

Quantity) however if I use this I get no results if I discreetly enter the dates I get the correct answer as below

sum(

{

<

[ShipDate]={">=LaunchDate <([LaunchDate]+35)"}

>

}

Quantity)

I have attached an example - am I just doing something wrong with the syntax for using the launchdate or am I trying to do something that is not possible?

Thanks

Matt

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Well, glad I have managed to provoke some conversation Indifferent. I have got this working perfectly but have now added a second complication;

I actually want to see this for multiple products with different launch dates, ultimately trying to get a moving average over a 12 month period where a sale is included if it is within 12 months of the launch date

Such a scenario is

Product 1 is launched 01/02/2008 so it sales would be included in all months until 31/01/2009

Product 2 is launched 01/04/2008 so its sales would be included in all months until 31/03/2009

if we report on January 2009 both products sales should be included and if we report February 2009 only product 2 would be included even if there were sales for February 2009.

I have attached an example using different dates as I'm not sure it is as clear as the above. But what happens basically is that the expression can't work out what the date should be. Am thinking I should be combing with an if function but not sure this would be any better? any help much appreciated

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Have you find a solution at the problem ?

Thank you

Christian