Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bill_mtc
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

How to create batch reporting using macro?

To all genius out there:

Is there any way we can do to let Qlikview print report by batch? Let's say, I create report in REPORTS menu. Each of the page of the created report should be in Product Category. So Page 1 will be Category 1, Page 2 will be Category 2, so on... I know maybe this can be done through macro, but I don't have enough knowledge about macros, how to do it? I hope you get my point. This is somehow important, I really need instant solution for this.

Main point for this is printing reports using REPORTS tool that Qlikview has.

Thanks in advance,

Bill

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bill,

See "Banding" - it is in the "Page" - "Page Settings" in the report editor.  There is checkbox "loop page over possible values in field".  After you check it, select a field, in your case Product Category.  You'll get separate page for each value.

Is it what you need?

Regards,

Michael

View solution in original post

12 Replies
vikasmahajan

Sir

Find complete steps for reporting.

Hope this help you lot which I implement in our Origination.

Good Luck.

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
bill_mtc
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Do you have link? Can't locate.

vikasmahajan

PFA

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
bill_mtc
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks for this in advanced!

bill_mtc
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Vikas,

You did great in your application but I checked the file, it's far different from what I wanted to achieve. What am trying to work is Qlikview Reports (you may locate it through "Reports" menu (see attached image). The question now is that, can we possibly do get the reports looped by Category or by any desired dimension?

reps.png

Not applicable

Hello,

not sure if you are willing to consider QV Report as an alternative solution.

It allows for a drag-and-drop use of page breaks and sub-reports at the same time.

Your case would be a perfect example of something that QV Report can solve in a few clicks.

Please drop a line here, if you'd like to know more.

Kind regards

Simone Stefanini

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bill,

See "Banding" - it is in the "Page" - "Page Settings" in the report editor.  There is checkbox "loop page over possible values in field".  After you check it, select a field, in your case Product Category.  You'll get separate page for each value.

Is it what you need?

Regards,

Michael

bill_mtc
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I am supposed to send you an email but it was sending failed, there's wrong with the email add?. Anyway, I am interested to know more about QV Reports. Hope you can help sir. Thanks!

bill_mtc
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Sir Michael,

This is the simple solution that I would like to know. Following your instructions lead me to meet my basic requirement. Is there any advance tutorial for QV Reports? Things like, when there's no enough space in a page, should it be continue to the next page? Should objects adjust respectively?

Perhaps, thanks for this info, it helps alot!

Regards,

Bill