cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

GETFIELDSELECTIONS

Hello everyone!

I have an field like this:

='Chosen Customer: ' &GetFieldSelections(DimCustomer.CustomerID)

Which returns me an customer

Now i wanna throw this customer down in a variable - I do this by making an action and making an set variable

HOWEVER

It is only shown in my variable when i click on my ='Chosen Customer: ' &GetFieldSelections(DimRaptorCustomer.CustomerID)

Can i make it dynamic so i wont have to click on it? otherwise it wont filter my data automaticcaly when selection a customer

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Can u maybe take a look at my sample??

Cause if i use a variable

='Chosen Customer: ' &vSelectedframecustomer

and vSelectedframecustomer is =getfieldselections(DimCustomer.CustomerID)

Then sometimes when i select and deselect and select it wont show the value again.

Would you take a look??

Not applicable
Author

The strange thing is that it works sometimes.

If i make a plain textbox with variable

and then a listbox with customerid

It its always right.

But when i use it in my textboxes, its only the half of the times.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Try the below code in UI.

If( IsNull( GetCurrentSelections()) ,0, GetPossibleCount(DimCustomer.CustomerID))

If you do selection in  any field and the Data got filtered in CustomerID as well even though you didn't selected the CustomerID ,  By using this Expression you can get the Current Selected count of Customer ID .

//Yusuf

Not applicable
Author

I also have a question related to getfieldselections() :

I use this function in a chart expression: the user selects the months from a listbox and the expression sums the sales by taking only the months in the table that are equal to the selections.

Anyway, I noticed that when selecting more than 6 months the current selections box shows "NOT Aug,Sept,...". Because of this result I can't get the selections.

Anyone has an idea on how to resolve this?

Thanks,

Cristina

Not applicable
Author

i cant remember this-. but it cannot show more than 6 values. But i think there is a fix to it - but i cannot remember how

Not applicable
Author

use this instead:

se this  getfieldselections(fieldname,',',8)   instead of   8 u can specify how many  filednames u want to display.....

Not applicable
Author

Thank you!

It worked.