Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

qvw visible from Qlikview iPad app when they should not be

Hi there,

Like most, i have a bunch of incremental load QVWs that are not visible when a user logs in to the access point from a browser.

After the latest iPad Qlikview application update. when a user logs into the access point from the application, he can see and open all of the documents, even the ones he should not be able to see since i unchecked the option for mobile devices in the qlikview management console. I did not apply any sort of section access security on these applications.

Is there a way to make them invisible again for all of the users without adding section access code?

Thank you in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Yes, I was able to reproduce the issue. There are a few ways to make this work, but I am not sure which one you want to do.

1. Set the NTFS permissions on the QVWs that you don't the users to see and remove all users except the Service account, System and Administrators.

2. Put the QVS into DMS mode. This would allow you to set who you want to see what file.

qv11  SR2-2013-11-27-15-37-58.png

3. You can set a mounted folder and make it non Browsable and put the reload stuff there. This would stop all users from seeing what is in the Mounted Folder.  This can't be a subfolder of the Root Folder. If it is it will not work.

qv11  SR2-2013-11-27-15-41-39.png

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

I can test this for you if you will answer a couple of questions?

1. What version of QlikView are you running?

2. Do you have publisher installed and using it or are you doing server reloads?

3. Are you only using the Root Folder or do you have mounted folders also.

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

1) I am using Qlikview Server 11 SR1

2) We do not have publisher installed. We are using server scheduled reloads.

3) I am only using the root folder. I do not have any documents in nested folders that are located inside the root folder or in other folders that are linked in the management console to look for qlikview apps.

Thanks for the quick response.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

OK,

How are you hiding the QVWs from users that login to the Access Point? Also, are you using IIS or QVWS?

Bill

Not applicable
Author

I go into the Qlikview Management Console url and for each document i want to hide from all users i do the following.

Documents tab-->User Documents--> Select a document--> Server Tab in the left panel-->Availability

and i uncheck all of the selections in the "Access Point Access Method" information.

Thank you.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Yes, I was able to reproduce the issue. There are a few ways to make this work, but I am not sure which one you want to do.

1. Set the NTFS permissions on the QVWs that you don't the users to see and remove all users except the Service account, System and Administrators.

2. Put the QVS into DMS mode. This would allow you to set who you want to see what file.

qv11  SR2-2013-11-27-15-37-58.png

3. You can set a mounted folder and make it non Browsable and put the reload stuff there. This would stop all users from seeing what is in the Mounted Folder.  This can't be a subfolder of the Root Folder. If it is it will not work.

qv11  SR2-2013-11-27-15-41-39.png

Bill

Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

Thank you very much for your reply. 3 solutions was more than i expected to tell the truth.

I will try all of them tommorow and see which one is the best for my situation to apply.

Thank you again for your help.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Look at the DMS one. This will give you security by assigning who has rights to the document.

Bill