Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to use of inline load to dynamic change my list box text ?

Hi All

Currently i use script in list box for display my field SOURCE. (LB1)

I like to know how to use in line load for achieve this , so that when i need to make change ID to RP

all  SOURCE list box i am able to change at one go.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Paul,

Use this inline script instead of expression and use CURRENCY_NAME as Dimension in list box

LOAD * INLINE [

SOURCE, CURRENCY_NAME

TDSS, SG

TDSKL, KL

TDSID, ID

TDST, TH

TDSPG, PG

ADL, AD

];

It is suggested that maintain this in Excel or in database table to read instead of reading from INline table, it is easy to manage.  If there is any change it is easy to change in Excel or database instead of changing code every time.

Regards,

Jagan.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Paul,

Use this inline script instead of expression and use CURRENCY_NAME as Dimension in list box

LOAD * INLINE [

SOURCE, CURRENCY_NAME

TDSS, SG

TDSKL, KL

TDSID, ID

TDST, TH

TDSPG, PG

ADL, AD

];

It is suggested that maintain this in Excel or in database table to read instead of reading from INline table, it is easy to manage.  If there is any change it is easy to change in Excel or database instead of changing code every time.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jagan

Yes you are right it is better change in excel file. by the way your code work on in line. now it save a lot of my time.

Paul

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jagan

I try to enter the CURRENCY_NAME into excel file, i find that it able to display the same list box as your proposal.

But then now i have a lot of button which have Action on filed=SOURCE search string = TDSS , now my field = COMPANY_NAME label = TDSS will not turn on. may i know what should i do , so that i don't need to modify the button action expression ? ( Now when i use button action for field = COMPANY_NAME and search string = SG , it can turn on SOURCE= TDSS )

Concatenate

LOAD

left(FileBaseName(), 4) AS TSD,

SOURC as SOURCE,

CURRENCY_NAME AS COMPANY_NAME

FROM $(vINPUTPath)$(vFile12).xls (biff, embedded labels, table is [SOURCE$]);

in my excel file i have below info :-

SOURCCURRENCY_NAME
TDSSSG
TDSIDID
TDSPGPG
TDSKLKL