Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Maximum QVX / QVD file size

hi everyone, is there a maximum QVX / QVD size that QV can handle, or is it all down to the filesystem specifications?

thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Filesystem specs (64-bit filesystem?) AND available RAM. You may be able to store a file of a few terabytes, but it may not load in 1 GByte of RAM. That's not a limitation of a QVX/QVD file, but it's a limit on what "QV can handle".

Best,

Peter

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Erik,

Please refer to this blog: http://community.qlik.com/message/401293#401293

Thanks,

Sai

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Filesystem specs (64-bit filesystem?) AND available RAM. You may be able to store a file of a few terabytes, but it may not load in 1 GByte of RAM. That's not a limitation of a QVX/QVD file, but it's a limit on what "QV can handle".

Best,

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Hi Erik,

If your Ram size is 256MB, QV can load data upto 2TB. As you upgrade the RAM memory, the capacity increases. There are no limitations from QV as such, it all depends on your RAM size.

Thanks,

Sai

Not applicable
Author

thank you guys!

feel silly I was not able to find that post.

My fears are sparkling from a QVX where I am storing some stock data and in almost a month time reached already 1.300.000 KB.

But according to all this info, we are good to go for the next two years   ..should be no more than 35GB after this point of time!

thanks!

Not applicable
Author

35GB is pretty small Erik. You could happily continue for more years In case of any data issues, try to upgrade your RAM with load balancer or cluster servers.

Thanks,

Sai

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

In my opinion it´s not about how big a QVD can be, but what is the optimal size that can be managed.

There´s some aspects like

1) Time to backup

2) Incremental load can be slower (ex.: a 10Gb QVD, need 10G of reading and plus 10Gb of writing)

Generally I recomend that no QVD exceed 100Mb, so big tables are splitted using a date