Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to convert the given date-time format into week start date with day of the week?

Friends,

I want to convert the DateTime format into week start date with it's day?. For example:

4/15/2013  9:36:02 AM This need to be converted into (-W-day). Help me to solve this.

If I use weekStart(''4/15/2013  9:36:02 AM') it will return the format like (4/15/2013).

I Need something like 2013-W48-('week start day') OR (W48-Mon) and so on..

Thanks,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

May be like this:

=Year(WeekStart(today()))&'- W'&Week(WeekStart(today()))&'-'&Weekday(WeekStart(today()))

Replace today() with your date.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Try like this

=Date(Date#('4/15/2013 9:36:02 AM', 'M/D/YYYY h:mm:ss TT'), 'YYYY') & '-W' &  Week(Date#('4/15/2013 9:36:02 AM', 'M/D/YYYY h:mm:ss TT')) & '-' & WeekDay(WeekStart(Date#('4/15/2013 9:36:02 AM', 'M/D/YYYY h:mm:ss TT')))

Regards,

Jagan.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

May be like this:

=Year(WeekStart(today()))&'- W'&Week(WeekStart(today()))&'-'&Weekday(WeekStart(today()))

Replace today() with your date.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Tresesco,

Thanks for your replay. And it's working correctly. Another one doubt, Is there any possible to show the actual day instead of the start day?.

Regards,

Thiru

CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Try with this

=Replace(WeekName(Today()), '/', '-W') & '-' & WeekDay(WeekStart(Today()))

In the place of Today() you can use Date#('4/15/2013 9:36:02 AM', 'M/D/YYYY h:mm:ss TT').

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Just remove the weekstart() function, it would give you actual day.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Tresesco,

It's working correctly.

Thanks,

Not applicable
Author

Hi Celambarasan,

Thanks,