Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Source Control

The Developer Guide mentions a document called QlikView_Source_Control_Management_QV11.  I cannot find this document anywhere.  Is anyone able to provide a link to it?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Thomas_Hopp
Employee
Employee

Hi Michael,

I've just uploaded the file into the content area of the DF Group.

Feel free to ask if you have any question.

Regards

Thomas Hopp

Thomas Hopp
Senior Product Manager - Cloud Native Platform

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Thomas_Hopp
Employee
Employee

Hi Michael,

I've just uploaded the file into the content area of the DF Group.

Feel free to ask if you have any question.

Regards

Thomas Hopp

Thomas Hopp
Senior Product Manager - Cloud Native Platform
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Thanks Thomas!

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Thomas.

However, I do notice that this is the version of the document was released well before the Deployment Framework.  Does the TFS approach (or QlikView Project Files in general) still work if you have separated reusable components of your applications into various containers as per the QDF?

I would assume that you would want to keep your shared script files in source control quite separately to the individual user apps that you are developing.

Regards

Michael

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi Michael, QlikView can only version handle content inside the qvw files. When developing resources outside the qvw, like include scripts i recommend using an editor that supports version control, like notepad ++ that has a module for TFS.

Best regards

Magnus

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the tip Magnus.

I am looking forward to the day when QlikView has fully integrated source control.