cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnpaul
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Would QV Server be suitable as a national disability register

I am consulting to a government review panel who is looking to establish a register of a particular disability.

There would be about 140,000 records in total and less than 100 people keying in the data. Part of the system would be open to the general public (including medical professionals) to allow for analysis and to help identify potential causes.

I was thinking that a custom system which would allow for data entry and then perhaps use QV Server to report would be required.

Then I thought, what about using QV as the complete system. There are only about 40 data entry fields. Additionally it isn't a high transaction volume system, about 30 to 40 new records in total added each week.

I know there are input boxes and we could write some simple code to insert the records.

Do you think that it would be worth trying to do it with just QV server, or I am setting myself up for a massive challenge?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

4 Replies
Not applicable

Hello there,

I think you can use qlikview to only display the data and rarely yo can use to insert the data into the tables.It is not a massive challenge to insert the data but if you can design the new records addition into java or .net then it will be easy.

Hope this will be helpful

Talha

Not applicable

Once you have the data in any kind of database, QlikView will be perfect for analyzing it.

Not applicable

With just QV server you're gonna need some kind of DBMS, to write data to, or you could probably do some macros to write to text files, but it's going to be a hassle making QV do something it wasn't designed to.

If you want to cut on costs and development time, I'd recommend some simple .NET front end, Microsoft Sql Server Desktop Edition (free with some limitations) as your RDMS and QV for exploiting and analyzing the data

Not applicable

John, remember, QV is basically analytic tool, but with lots of flexibility. Try to explore the BI capabilities, it is versatile in that. For transactional data capture some other simple systems.

-Arun