Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Count resources available before a date

Hi,

I am currently tracking supply and demand within an app.

I am looking to create a chart which shows the demand for skills as well as the currently supply of employees we have before a demand start date.

I have the chart which shows the current current employees available now vs the amount of employees wanted with these two expressions:

Available skills
Count({$<[Billable_Status] = {'Non-Billable}>}[Billable_Status]

Resources wanted

Sum({1}[Resources_Wanted])

The dimension is [Employee_Primary_Skill]

What I'd like to do now is count the employees which become available before a demand start date, I have two dates for this [Employee_Allocation_End]  and [Demand_Billable_Start]. The dimension on the chart would no longer be shown by skill but [Demand ID] but the employee would still have to have the same primary skill the demand needs.

Thanks in advance, sorry if I've made this seem confusing. I'm a bit baffled myself!

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Can you upload a sample file?

Not applicable
Author

I've managed to attach my sample  data. Do you need the qlikview page I'm working on too?

Not applicable
Author

Yes that would be good.  All I see in your sample file is Client_ID and Client Name. I don't see anything with skills or resources.

Not applicable
Author

I think you need to tab across to the other sheets in the bottom left of excel.

Not applicable
Author

Ah, yes. The power of observation

Not applicable
Author

Ok, see if I am on the same page as you for what you have so far.  I'm not sure I fully understand what you are looking for.

Not applicable
Author

That is similar to what I want to achieve.

I think in my script I renamed the Primary_Skill from the demand to match the EE_Primary_Skill to get the totals.

From there I want to be able to have another expression which will count the number of resources that will become available before the demand start date. So where Allocation_End is before the Demand_Billable_Start_Date. And it still has the same skill.

So I would effectively count

Employees who are non-billable and have the same primary skill as the one in the demand

Employees who are billable and have the same primary skill as the demand, but whose allocation_end is before the Demand_billable_start