Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rookie's questions...

I just got started self studying Qlik yesterday. I'm trying to build a sales chart showing the sales volume for different products.

2 tables as below have been uploaded.

Product Table: ProductID, ProductName, ListPrice, StdCost

Order Table: OrderDate, Region, Rep, ProductID, Units.

I want the dimension of the bar chart to be "ProductName"; the Expression to be "TotalSales" (Sum (ListPrices*Units) )

I had no problem building it with the Expression of just the Sum of the Units, but I cannot figure out how to do multiplies in the Expression...

Please, any inputs is appreciated.

Thanks!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I don't know which wizard that is. There's a Quick Chart wizard where you can choose Custom in Step 3 and enter your expression. Or you can use the dialog that start when you select Chart from the list after choosing New Sheet Object. In that case you can add expressions when you get on the Expression tab.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

sum(ListPrice*Units) should be correct if you posted the exact case sensitive field names.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you, Gysbert! But I might not specify it correctly...My actual question should have been "Where do I put 'sum(ListPrice*Units)' in the full chart wizard?

Thanks again!

Gysbert_Wassenaar

I don't know which wizard that is. There's a Quick Chart wizard where you can choose Custom in Step 3 and enter your expression. Or you can use the dialog that start when you select Chart from the list after choosing New Sheet Object. In that case you can add expressions when you get on the Expression tab.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot, Gysbert! It works!