Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Export Named Users List

Hi

Anyone know how to get the list of named users authorised on documnet our of QVM Console? I have 62 users on a document and want use the list to create a AD group from it. The clipboard approach doesn't appear to work. Any thoughts?

Cheers

Geoff

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See this discussion: Find Current Named Users.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi

I have the licence analyser set up but querying the loaded data only gives me 24 users whereas QVM list 61 users ...

Screen shots attached.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

No idea. Try asking the creator of that qvw.

Or try the QV User Manager from the Power Tools for QV.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

A bit late and only after removing my nonsensical first reply, I was able to dig up some useful information. However no easy tricks yet.

Is your server running in NTFS mode?

Use the Windows ICACLS.exe command tool to list permissions for the published document. NTFS-mode means that all authorizations are forwarded to NTFS and pop up in the ACL. Check file properties->Security to see what I mean. It appears that the output of icacls.exe is a nice list of domain\username entries.

Is your server running in DMS mode?

Use the SharedFileViewer utility from the PowerTools 1.1 for QlikView package. Although its name would let you think otherwise, this utility also lets you open .meta files. They contain document authorizations managed by QlikView itself. When you open a .meta file for a single document, it appears as if nothing is shown and nothing happens. Only one entry is displayed in the object list. Don't worry, select File->Export to XML->All... from the menu bar and a file is written with all .meta information. Open the export file, and just keep the <User>...</User> tags from the <AccessList> tree.

BTW you can use this second method on any non-DMS QV server as well, but it's more work.

Hope it's still useful.

Peter

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

There are special APIs provided by QLIK, specifically aimed at managing and reading QMC data, which can be use to export the user list from its internal Postgres Database. However, I am not sure if it is possible to call these APIs from a Qlik Load Script.

API Doc Link:

http://www.qlik.com/resource-library/qlik-sense-api