Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Allow creation of Server Object Setting to Named users not working in IE Plugin

We are using Qlikview 11.2 SR3. We have a requirement to give allow creation of server object permission to only specific groups or users.We are using configurable odbc directory service connector for users and group resolution.we have set Allow Creation of Server Objects to Named Users and gave specific usernames or group names.This is working fine in Ajax client.Only given users are getting permission for creating server objects. But this is not working in IE plugin.None of the users are getting permission to create server objects in IE Plugin.

Please let me know if any one have an idea about this issue

2 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

I don't have a way to test this, but I would think something isn't matching up. It works fine with AD and restricting a user. Being you are using ODBC for your directory service I would assume you are using some type of Single Sign On. I would create a document with only a text object that =OSUSER() and see what it is reporting you as. This might give you a clue as to what is wrong. Also, are you running the server in DMS mode?

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Bill for the reponse.Yes we are using Single Sign on and DMS mode. I have uploaded the test report you have given. In Ajax client it is showing the correct user name. But in Ie plugin it is always showing name of the user who has logged in to the machine. Another thing is we are using Web ticketing. I tested with normal ticketing  and found that it is working in both ajax and ie plugin. But with web  ticketing it is not working in ie plugin.