Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Ajax application won't export to excel

We have an ajax page that has four tables on it. When I try to export any of the table to excel, the popup window pops up like it should, but instead of prompting for "would you like to open or save the file", the page comes up with the "unable to view the webpage" error. the URL of the popup reads "http://qlikview/qvprint/*a bunch of letters".xls. I've also tried to export to a .csv and it fails as well. Does anyone know why this is occuring. It works on some machines but not on others and I'm not sure what setting would be doing this (IE setting, QV setting, security, firewall, etc). thanks.

18 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your post - but I still am having trouble with IE (both 7 and 😎 in AJAX mode and opening an excel export.

I have minimized security on both the server and client (even less than the default setting you mentioned above) and what happens when I select the export to excel icon, I get a short hour glass and a pop-up window flashes (too fast to see the full URL) - but it appears to have the right format and the file gets created on the server (and pasting that QV path and file name into the IE url address line does bring up the excel file). So it kind of acts like a pop-up blocker - but they are all shut off on my box.

Any more suggestions?

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I have got a solution from QV. It's clearly related with browser and working for me.

Need to do:

In IE (I am using version 8), go to tools->internet options->Internet->custom level->in downloads settings, select Enable.

In Safari, Edit-> uncheck Block Pop-up Windows.

Cheers.

Not applicable
Author

My symptoms were a bit different - the popup page only showed up for a fraction of a second in IE7/IE8, but worked in Firefox.

I traced the problem down to the prompt that asks if you are sure you wish to open or save the file. Clicking the checkbox fixed the problem for fugure Export-to-Excel operations.

Setting a binary value of "0000" for this Windows registry key works:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\AttachmentExecute\{0002DF01-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}\Excel.Sheet.8

I created a file named "ExportToExcelFix.reg" and made it available to my web clients. Running this file fixes the Export-to-Excel problem. Note that I also had to update my IIS Mime Types so that ".reg" files are sent as "application/octet-stream" when distributing this .reg file over the web.

Matt Clark

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

did you found a solution for this problem? We've encounterd the same behavior - Excel export works in all browsers except in IE.

When we click on the excel icon or right mouse click "send to excel" the download dialog does not appear.

Thanks in advance!

Regards

Not applicable
Author

This is a known issue and will be fixed in SR4.

/anders

Not applicable
Author

I'm having problems with this. However, the problem I'm having seems to be because we are using a non-standard port (8080) for the web server. The port setting doesn't seem to be getting correctly transferred to the url for the download. Anybody know where this is set in the server? (I found it in the registry, but would rather not hack around in there!)

Bob

Not applicable
Author

I was having the same problem with my QvPrint Export to Excel (QV9 x64 SR4). The solution that worked for me was to explicitly state the web URL in the QMC at QlikView Server Settings -> Print -> URL. I replaced the server name there with the specific URL that should be used and it worked like a charm.

canariam
Contributor III
Contributor III

hi all,

i handled this problem easily.

1) open qlikview managemanet console

2) qlikview server settings

3) print

u will see this directory in the second row: 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\Qvs'

go to that directory and creat a new folder named as 'QvPrint'

then

copy & paste your new directory to folder part.

like this 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\Qvs\QvPrint\'

that s it!!!

Not applicable
Author

Thanks - I have been travelling, so no chance to try it out yet.