Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

"Cannot open file" script error during a load operation.

A Publisher job occasionally fails with this error while reading a QVD file, and occurs with different QVD files and applications.

I investigated to determine whether there was a 'contention' problem with two applications trying to read from the same QVD simultaneously, although it seems like that should not be a problem. I could not find any other application trying to read the file at the time of the error.

The application reloads successfully when I restart the Publisher job with no intervening changes to the app or QVD file.

A sample portion of a log where this occurred is noted below. Has anyone experienced this problem and/or have an idea of what is causing it?

We are running Qlikview version 8.5, with Publisher running on the Qlikview server. The server is 64-bit with four CPUs and Windows Server 2003 OS and 32 GB of RAM. We are running VMWARE on this box.

This problem may eventually be eliminated because we are proposing a reconfigured environment. We will be moving Publisher to its own box. The new Production server box will have 64 GB of RAM and eight CPUs but will not have VMWARE loaded on it. However, if approved, it will be a while until this is in place.

Stockroom:
LOAD [D06 STOCK ROOM_SURROGATE KEY],
[D06 STOCK ROOM_SURROGATE KEY] as [STK D06 KEY],
[STOCK ROOM S21 COMPANY CODE],
[STOCK ROOM S21 COMPANY NAME],
[STOCK ROOM CODE] as [WRK STOCKROOM],
[STOCK ROOM NAME],
[PRIMARY STOCKROOM CODE],
[PRIMARY STOCKROOM NAME],
[STOCK ROOM TYPE CODE],
[STOCK ROOM TYPE NAME],
[STOCK ROOM FACILITY TYPE CODE],
[STOCK ROOM FACILITY TYPE NAME]

FROM \\Jxn140qlikview00\qve\Production\QVDs\P_BIDW_T-Prd\SCA_STK_RM_DIM_DATA.qvd] (qvd)
WHERE (([STOCK ROOM TYPE CODE] = 'DST' and [STOCK ROOM S21 COMPANY CODE] = 'D1') OR
([STOCK ROOM TYPE CODE] = 'DST' and [STOCK ROOM S21 COMPANY CODE] = 'PR'))
Error: Cannot open file '\\Jxn140qlikview00\qve\Production\QVDs\P_BIDW_T-Prd\SCA_STK_RM_DIM_DATA.qvd'
General Script Error
Execution Failed
Execution finished.

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

jmgarwood,

I am experiencing the EXACT same thing, and it's nice to see that someone else has seen it to verify that I'm not losing my mind! It sounds like we have similar environments as well. I'm running version 8.5 Publisher on a 64 bit, 128Gb, 12 CPU dedicated box, so I can tell you with pretty good certainty that upgrading your hardware is not going to solve this. I've looked at other processes running at the same time but haven't found any possible contention issues. And, if I just click the green arrow on Publisher when the error occurs, it magically runs successfully. I have not been able to recreate it on demand, but I do have two jobs that both fail regularly. One of them is a weekly job, and it fails every time it runs via the scheduler. The other is a daily job that fails on Monday mornings. The weekly job runs on Monday morning as well. I have lots of other jobs that perform similar update tasks that run daily and weekly with no issues ever. If I find anything, I'll certainly post it here. I'd appreciate it if you would do the same.

Thanks,

Bret

navaneethqv
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi blmeiss and jmgarwood,

I know this is a very old post. But did you resolve this issue? If yes, what changes were made? Any details will be much appreciated

Regards,

Navaneeth

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi Navaneeth,

This post is over 6 and a half years old. If you are experiencing same/similar issue, suggest that you create a new thread and provide your task log.

Best,

Chip

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
navaneethqv
Contributor III
Contributor III

hi Chip,

Apologies for the trouble!!!! I knew it was an old post, but since it was not answered and since I didn't find a similar issue in the community, thought of raising it here!!!

I will create a new thread for the same.

Regards,

Navaneeth

adlisval
Contributor III
Contributor III

I also get this error for a few days now. I'm on Qlik Sense 3.2 (about 1 year old).

Did you find any explication for this?