Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Server 9.0 AccessPoint

I have uninstalled server 8.5 and installed server 9.0 on my server. The server management console indicates that my 8.5 documents, folders and settings are still where they were previously. When I go into AccessPoint all I see is the Qlikview AccessPoint logo, a grey control bar with last updated date , "0 of 1 QVS's is running", logged in as, and selection boxes for Category, sort by, view and client. Under this, where I mgiht expect to see documents, it simply says:

No Server

Any idea what the missing link is? I have scoured the version 9 server manual, and searched the QlikCommunity forums.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Fixed It!

Having removed everything from the registry, I reinstalled, restarted, relicensed, etc.

Still no joy.

So I had a poke around, and found a log file mentioning port 80 - the default website. I am not using the default website. So I had another look around and in the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS\Application Data\QlikTech\QvWebServer folder I found a file config.xml.

The second line of this file was an element called Port, which was set to 80. so I changed it to the port for our qlikview website, restarted services and suddenly it works.

Hello QlikTech - please could you not assume people are using port 80?

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

By the way, all the servers and services are running, before anyones asks.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Michal I have the same problem, Do you have soulution?

Tanks...

Not applicable
Author

None whatsoever.

Not applicable
Author

Hi! My experience is that the problem occour when you enter the Server Login fields (username/Password) in QV Enterprise Management Console -> System -> Setup -> QlikView Servers -> General. At first my AccessPoint was working fine. Then I entered a server username and password, and the problem you desribe occoured. Then I left the fields blank and everything works fine again.

I guess this is a possible solution to your problem, but I can't explain why this happens. I believe that it is related to the client users security settings. /ken

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your time, but no joy.

The install/deinstall is a very messy process, leaving files and registry settings all over the place. The fields you refer to are blank; at installation I had put the actual administrator in. When I installed without putting an account in, it failed to install everything and did not work either.

Not applicable
Author

You dont have permission

contact SA

Not applicable
Author

Punblicando test a model in the following folder:

Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\Documents

Report about that version 9 installed Cool

Not applicable
Author

Juan Carlos, abhishek1682, thank you for your responses.

I was pretty sure I had permissions.

Installation without credentials did not install properly.

I have now installed and uninstalled so many times the installation fails with a fatal error. Now I must either find a new server or regedit this one!

One thing I would like to suggest to Qliktech is that, rather than insist on a domain account, that NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE be allowed at installation, if that is appropriate. I had tried administrator, but that did not work.

Server 8.5 worked before I tried to "upgrade"!

Michael

Not applicable
Author

Fixed It!

Having removed everything from the registry, I reinstalled, restarted, relicensed, etc.

Still no joy.

So I had a poke around, and found a log file mentioning port 80 - the default website. I am not using the default website. So I had another look around and in the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS\Application Data\QlikTech\QvWebServer folder I found a file config.xml.

The second line of this file was an element called Port, which was set to 80. so I changed it to the port for our qlikview website, restarted services and suddenly it works.

Hello QlikTech - please could you not assume people are using port 80?