Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Raphael Extension Problem only in QV Server with IE8

Hi,

i downloaded geoPop extension from QlikTech site (Qlik Demos: See QlikView in Action | Demo.Qlik.Com), but it works with all browser but not with IE8.

I tried to update with last rapahel.js  also.

I have no error with javascript but i don't see any image when i use IE8.

I put the extension in the extension server folder and i can create the object in Ajax but i don't see image in IE8, but in IE9/10/11, chrome, firefox  it's ok.

I use QV server 11 SR2 and IE8 and actualy i can't update this browser.

I don't understand why IE8 works fine with the demo on Qliktech site, i downloaded the same extension and put it on my server!

I have no problem with desktop version of QlikView.

Thanks in advance.

6 Replies
Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee

Hi,

The geoPop extension is kind of old at this point, and I'd recommend switching over to this extension:

SvgReader mapping extension now stored on GitHub

It's been updated over time, and contains the same functionality and map that you need.  Let me know if you're still having problems once you do this.

Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot Brian!

I try and let you know!

Not applicable
Author

Hi Brian,

this ext works, but i have a problem with my image.

I have a country divided in region, when i select a region the image correctly colors that region, but if i change sheet and after i come back on old sheet the image is not visible.

Even if i don't select a region i have the same problem.

I add that i have not this problem in Chrome, this problem appears if on the 2nd sheet i create a button to clear selection e come back on previous sheet.

I attach my image, but i don't know if this is the problem.

Thanks again

Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee

Could you send me the app?  YOu can send it over private message if you want.  It would be much easier for me to troubleshoot.

Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

Ok,

i try to semplify the app 10x a lot.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

i attach a little example, i tried it on server and i have the problem.

Thanks,

Stefano.