Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Publisher/Directory service connector problem

Hi everyone,

I've been encountering the same problem below.. Your inputs will be much appreciated..

Thank You,

Enard

The task "Dashboard.Qvw" failed. Part of the log file follows:

13-07-2012 06:36:29 Error The task "Dashboard.Qvw" failed. Exception:

QDSMain.Exceptions.DistributionFailedException: Distribute failed with errors to follow. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.DscOffLineException: Directory Service Connector is offline.

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.DistributionExecution(String fileName, Document qvbDocument, DistributionRequest distributionRequest, TaskResult taskResult, String repeatVariableName, String currentRepeatVariableValue)

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Distribution(String fileName, DistributionRequest distributionRequest, TaskResult taskResult, String repeatVariableName, String currentRepeatVariableValue)

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)

at QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(ILogBucket logBucket, TaskResult taskResult)

6 Replies
tseebach
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Try changing the timeout settings under System > Directory Service Connector > Active Directory and then click the pencil icon under settings. I've set mine to 120 to resolve this.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I we tried to extend the Active Directory timeout to 120 but still the same issue was encountered. Then I found out that the server has two enabled network interface which brought to my idea that the QV server application might be confused of.

Will post again soon if problem was solved.

Regards.

tseebach
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi, try something else, this worked:

Under QMC > System click on the service folder, click the edit pencil and change the service name from qvp://qv01 to qvp://qv01.domain.com and to this for all the services connected, QDS, DSC and QVWS.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I am currently facing the same issue. Have you found the solution or reason for this issue.??

I am using clustering concept where I have installed QVS & DSC in two different server.

Thanks in advance

~Leni

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have resolved this issue by moving the DSC service to the server where publisher is installed and uninstalled DSC from cluster environment. This is because as my environment is a clustered one (QVS is installed in 2 different servers) and we cannot create a clustered DSC service like QVS.

Not applicable
Author

hii bernardine,

Go to the system tab > DSC Setting < change the url for DSC....call it from servername instead of ip or viceversa.

I changed mine from Localhost to Servername and it worked.

When i went into the logs of Distribution service  i found that DSC is now online and is able to communicate with Distribution service.

See if it helps.

Regards,

Rohan