cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
c_gilbert
Creator II
Creator II

Referencing another row in a table

Please can anyone help, we currently have a straight table with the 'Ward' as the dimension, and results and RAG ratings as the expressions.

For some results, the wards have joint data, but we don't want to duplicate the data at the source, we just want to base the RAG rating of one ward on another ward.

For example, here is a very simple representation of what we have now. At the moment Ward1b is showing red as there is no data, but we want it to show green, as Ward1a is green.

WardResultRAG rating
Ward1a90%Green
Ward1b-Red

And this is what we want to get to:

WardResultRAG rating
Ward1a90%Green
Ward1bJoint WardGreen

Any help would be much appreciated

16 Replies
c_gilbert
Creator II
Creator II
Author

No one?

Not applicable

Hi

How do you make the link between Ward1a and 1b ?

Chris

jvishnuram
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi c_gilbert,

If possible can you share the qvw.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Probably you can get it using peek()/previous() in the script, or above() in the chart. Please create a sample table (in excel or inline load) and explain the expected output with some 10-15 rows.

c_gilbert
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Sorry I can't share the qvw.

But basically, we have the different indicators as the expressions along the top, and the wards as the dimension down the side. For some indicators, there is data for both wards, but for others, they submit data jointly under one ward ID.

It's hard to explain but I appreciate any help. Thank you.

c_gilbert
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I'll try to create some dummy data in a qvw that I can share, thank you.

c_gilbert
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hopefully this makes more sense.

In the last table, I have forced it to show what I want it to show, but we want a way of doing this automatically, so that whatever the performance is for the 'main' ward, it will show the same in the 'joint' ward for Indicator_2.

jvishnuram
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi c_gilbert,

Refer the output or result table in the attached qvw.

c_gilbert
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks but this doesn't work when the wards are re-ordered (in the full document there are around 100 wards, and users can sort by any indicator or ward.