Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Excel "No Calculation" Pivot Feature in QlikView?

Hi,

I'm actually working with a pivot table and I'm trying to display it Excel-like in QlikView.

Here is a screenshot of the pivot table in Excel:

Capture.PNG.png

I'm now trying to build it up similarly in QlikView, so that for monthly basis the numbers will get summed up and if I aggregate them to a quarterly level, I want the pivot table to show the last monthly-value of the specific quarter. E.g. for Q2 FY13 I need to display the sum of values for Apr-13 (in this case 657). Same goes for quarter and year aggregation.

In excel you can simply state "No Calculation" and then it's doing it the way shown above, but I can't find a way to do it with QlikView.

Does anyone has an idea on how to do it?

Any help is appreciated very much.

Kind regards,

TK

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You can either try using Dimensionality() in a conditional in your expression to branch into different calculations or maybe using FirstSortedValue, something like

=FirstSortedValue( aggr( sum(Value), Year, Quarter, MonthField), aggr(-MonthField, Year, Quarter, MonthField) )

View solution in original post

2 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You can either try using Dimensionality() in a conditional in your expression to branch into different calculations or maybe using FirstSortedValue, something like

=FirstSortedValue( aggr( sum(Value), Year, Quarter, MonthField), aggr(-MonthField, Year, Quarter, MonthField) )

Not applicable
Author

You Sir, are a genius!

Thank you very much, this was exactly what I was looking for!

Kind regards,

TK