Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Graphic with values from 2 different lists

Hi folks, i need some help here.

I have 2 sheets with data, 2 lists (OPTIONAL and OPTIONAL_DESIRED) to filter that data's and i also have a list mixing those 2 lists (let's call this 'Wanted list').

I need a graphic that shows me both selections, list 1 plus list 2, i need the graphic to do the same thing as the Wanted list does plus providing me the sum of the costs for each optional.

And also, if i select the same optional from list 1 and 2, the cost doesn't change twice.

I'm attaching my XLS and my QVW, and I've already selected some values, and as you'll be able to see, the graphic show me both but the cost is totally wrong.

Thank you in advance!

PS: you need to change the path at the script:

'FROM

[xxxx\data config.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is F1);'

10 Replies
giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

This is the best I could come up with. Hard coded I am afraid...

Please add all fields in expression, I only added 3.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you so much for replying, i see what you did but that 'Optional Desired' list, that list can change according to the client, and if that changes i need to add all the fields in expression again right?

If i'm right, is there another way?

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

You can create a data island in the reload script combining both dimensions into one, and thus using the new dimension in the charts.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you, but i have no idea what you are talking about lol

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Hi Julio.

load distinct values from optional and optional_desired into a new field and use this field as a dimension :

AllOptionalTable:

LOAD distinct

OPTIONAL as AllOptional

FROM

[xxxx\data config.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is F1);

AllOptionalTable:

LOAD distinct

OPTIONAL_DESIRED  as AllOptional

FROM

[xxxx\data config.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is F2);

This will create a new field AllOptional which you can use. As this will not be connected to your data, some additional set analysis will be required in the expression. Hope this helps.

Not applicable
Author

I tried to do that but i don't think i did that right and that didn't work. I'm attaching my original workbook and QVW.

What i need is to show at the 'Bar Graphic' the selection on 'AS IS' and 'OPTIONAL' without bugging my costs.

The way i did there, i'm using the same expression i used on the List to mix both selection and it works, however the costs go crazy with that.

If at the Graphic, instead of the Expression you select 'Optional', the costs are going to be right but you are only getting the selection from Optional, and i need both selections to show in there.

And i also tried to put a TOTAL, at the end, but it's not showing me anything.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Hi,

Please find the attachment.

Not applicable
Author

Please, use this attachments i sent last. Those are my original ones. (Project Review and data config)

And i see what you did but that 'AS IS' list, that list can change according to the client, and if that changes i need to add all the fields in expression again, am i right?

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Sorry, I am not sure about your exact requirement. Please explain the expected output.