Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

qvw incremental load !!!not qvd!!!

Hi all,,

I am using the incremental load funcionality when I am creating qvd's <-- that is fine and it works.

My question is:

Can I load as well just new records to an existing .qvw

Example:

I have a QVD file which is refrehed (incremental) on daily base. This is my source for my QVW.

QVD ( 1. with data until 12 December)  -->  incremental load out of database   -->  QVD (2. with data until 13 December)

This whole process is saving time and it works.

Now I want to refresh my QVW:

I have in my .qvw data until the 12thDecember 2013, now I want to refresh my .qvw with the data (out of QVD 2) with just the data of the 13th December. Which means I dont want to load again the whole QVD 2 file into my QVW. I just want to add those new entries out of the QVD to the QVW. Because every time I refresh my QVW with the whole QVD2 file it is increasing the time for refresh ( due the fact that from day to day my QVD2 is getting bigger and bigger) I am talking here about 6billion rows for a timeframe of  1   1/2 months).

Hope somebody can help me and that my question is somehow understandable.

13 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I don't understand why everyone thinks this is not possible in QlikView.

As Frank says, use a QlikView Reload mode called "Partial Reload". In this mode, LOAD statements without ADD/REPLACE prefix will not be executed. LOAD statements with an ADD prefix will NOT delete the internal table, but will add to it according to the clauses you supply.

Not too tricky.

However, since you will still be reading/filtering an ever-growing QVD, performance will not necessarily improve...

Peter

Edit: corrected silly mistake

Not applicable
Author

Okay it seems like we have here couple of suggestions:

I will try out the thing with:

As Frank says, use a QlikView Reload mode called "Partial Reload". In this mode, LOAD statements without ADD/REPLACE prefix will start anew. LOAD statements with an ADD prefix will NOT delete the internal table, but will add to it according to the clauses you supply.

Thanks to everyone, its never easy and its never imposssible....

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ivan, You can Implement QVW incremental loading with "Partial Reload" but you have some limitations:

1. You can load only new data.

2. You cann'y handle updated or deleted data in this

davidrobles
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Try a Binary load.