Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Names to be Displaced not as a Dimesion but as Expression

Hi friends,

I need some help. I tried a lot of ways but could not achieve it. May be some Guru can help me out.

I have a Chart and I need Personal names to be displayed on the rightside of a Chart. That can be achieved as you all know in a Expression rather than a Dimension. If I use Concat(Names) in the Expression, I get to see when I place my cursor the names of Personal but I cannot Print. As the customer needs to Print the names it is difficult to show. It can be achieved by using Personal names as a Dimesion and as a Expression but again the customer does not want it. I hope anyone can help...

In the below figure at the right side ther are the names of the Personal where I used Concat(Names)

error loading image

In the below figure I used the names as Dimension and also as a Expression. How can I have only Expression and Achieve the below Output?

error loading image

Thanks In advance..

Sravan

11 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Looks to me like a formatting problem, rather than a problem with Dimensions vs. Expressions. Can you extend the size of the cell? Make it wider, and add a few more lines into the "Wrap text" settings.

Not applicable
Author

Sravan ,

You can create the expression and drag all the way where you want on the chart, it all depends on which type of chart it is (straight table or pivot table).

If possible upload some dummy data application.

Talha

Not applicable
Author

@ Oleg

I dont think it is a formatting problem or may be I did not understand you.

I am attaching one more figure with explanation.

As In the above figure I cannot display all the "P_LASTNAME" to be displayed in the Application..

How can I achieve that?

Not applicable
Author

@ talha Khan

ya u can drag one expression may be to other but not one Dimension into other expression???

Not applicable
Author

Sravan did you tried Only(P_lastname) in u r expression maybe it works

Talha

Not applicable
Author

ya I did when I do that I get only one name which is wrong. I need the list in different rows so that I can print..

Not applicable
Author

see the attached example for a simple idea..

[View:http://community.qlik.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.49.52/Example.qvw]

Not applicable
Author

Is straight table ok with you attached is the example

Talha

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for ur reply talha

Straight table ist not ok. Its a simple example what I attached but Its not the same in the Original. Your Pilot Presentation looks good but how did u manage the Dimension text to be hided. U added white() in the attributes of the Dimension(text colour) I saw but what other changes did u do?

May be some other has a better solution than this.

Its almost perfekt what I am attaching but I dont need the boxes which are seen from the Dimension. Other than that when another expression comes before the P_LASTNAME in the below example it gets repeated. That must be only once as in the given below example.

[View:http://community.qlik.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.49.52/Example_2D00_Chart_5F00_Print1.qvw]

Anyway thanks

Sravan