Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jchoucq
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Object Extension on QlikviewServer

Hello,

i'm trying to use an extension on a QlikviewServer but the extension object never appears.

My extension files are in the folder : C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Extensions\Objects

in the QMC, the "Alternate Extensions Path" has not been mentioned, and in the security tab, the "Allow Extensions" checkbox is checked.

For information, everything is fine in the WebView of QlikviewDesktop.

Did i forget something, or making something wrong ??

Same result with QV 11 SR2 on Windows 2003 Server and QV 11.2 SR4 on Windows 2008 Server.

Johann

13 Replies
jvishnuram
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Johann,

You need to update the extension in two places,

1. C:\Users\<User_Name>\AppData\Local\QlikTech\QlikView\Extensions\Document\iphonesettings

2. C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Extensions\Document\iphonesettings

For Example you i am using iphone settings.

Not applicable

Create your own folder

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Extensions\Document\

or

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Extensions\Objects

Qlikview uses these by default and put it into one of those.

jchoucq
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

thank you thomas, but this is already what i've done.

in Windows 2003 the folder is C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Extensions\Objects

in Windows 2008 it is C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Extensions\Objects.

Not working for the moment.

Best regards.

Johann

jchoucq
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

thanks Vishnu.

the first folder you are talking about, with user name is for Qlikview Desktop isn't it ?

Regards.

Johann

jvishnuram
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Yes Johann, you are right the desktop name or the name using which you are logged on to the desktop.

Not applicable

this is what the server reference manuel says:

Special Folders

The special folders are stored in the “Data” folder (see Overview (page 53) for the path).

Folder

Description

Extensions

Note! The Extensions folder has to be created manually. By default, QVS looks for extensions in this folder. Extension objects are located in Extensions\Objects and document extensions are located in Extensions\Document. Use QlikView Management Console

Adding Extensions to QlikView Server

To run QlikView Extensions on a QlikView Server, the contents of the Extensions folder have to be copied from %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\QlikTech\QlikView\Extensions\Objects to the %ProgramData%\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Extensions\Objects folder on the server.

If the path to the extensions is changed (for example, to a common place for all servers in a cluster), that path must be used instead. Note that the path set corresponds to %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\QlikTech\QlikView\Extensions (that is, it does not include \Objects).

jchoucq
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

absolutely Thomas, and this is exactly what i've done !

Johann

Not applicable

but i also had some problems with it, So i just created both folders and C/P it into all folders, and thne it worked, havent tried to debug which one was the correct one yet.

So i pastede my extension into

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikviewServer\Extensions\Objects

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikviewServer\Extensions\

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikviewServer\Extensions\Documents

C:\Users\MYUSER\AppData\Local\QlikTech\QlikView\Extensions

C:\Users\MYUSER\AppData\Local\QlikTech\QlikView\Extensions\Objects

And i also pasted them into the subfolders. This worked for me

Stefan_Walther
Employee
Employee