Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Reduce and distribute to folder

Hi,

is there a way to do a simple reduce and distribute (or keep the application in its folder) by a task in QMC and (now the important) keep the hole script in the application. I know the reduce part inside the application but they want it scheduled.

//Staffan

4 Replies
Not applicable

Not sure I understand. Using the QlikView Publisher you can reduce the data (either simple reduce or loop & reduce) and then distribute it to a mounted folder. Access to the script can be given.

Do you have a QlikView Publisher?

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master
Author

Hi Kai,

sorry i dident tell that I´m using QEMC version 10.00.... I´m well know about loop and distribute to folders.

I try to do a simple reduce on a fieldvalue and nothing happens, the hole file i still there. Could it be that I have some fields that are "Always One selected Value"?

//Staffan

Not applicable

It could be that. Do you use Section Access (within the QV document) in addition to a simple reduce? That can sometimes cause conflicts if not configured properly, e.g. you need to give the QlikView service account ADMIN rights on document level.

Otherwise if the field and value that you are using for the simple reduce exist, and the QV service account is allowed to see them, then I can't think of any other reason it wouldn't work. I would try adding a new tasks and testing it again, just in case something has been configured incorrectly. Have you enabled full logging and checked the log files for clues?

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master
Author

Hi Kai,

No SA, this document works when I do a loop and reduce on the same field (all values in field). But not when I do a manually simple reduce (one manually set value).

//Staffan