Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pgrenier
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

New QlikViewMappingExample extension

Good afternoon,

While trying out this new extension that comes packaged with version 11.20 SR5, there were two things that got me wondering:

1. How can we change the text in the tooltip box so that it corresponds to data related to the coordinate rather than the value of the Measurement field along with a customizeable header, and
  2. Might it be possible to zone-select rather than move the map when issuing a click'n'drag?

Thanks in advance for your input, ragards,

Philippe

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee

You can find a map that is almost exactly the same as this one (but also has tooltip control) here:

brianwmunz/QuickMap-QV11 · GitHub

If you wanted the MapQuest tileset, you could just put this into the custom tileset property:

http://otile1.mqcdn.com/tiles/1.0.0/map/${z}/${x}/${y}.jpg

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee

The content of the popup in the expression can be based upon the coordinate. It’s similar to anything you might do in a straight table, so it should coincide if you put the right expression in there.

In terms of selecting instead of dragging, holding down the shift key before clicking and dragging should create a box you can use to drag and select.

Thanks.

pgrenier
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hello Brian,

Thank you for taking the time to write.

I have tried what you suggested in regards to managing the content of the Tooltip, but this displays all the bubbles with sizes that vary randomly based on the text that is to be presented in the tooltip. Also, the tooltip title remains "Example Tooltip" for all of the displayed items.

Also, the Shift before click option doesn't react the way you would expect, and does nothing. The only way to select using this extension si by clicking directly on one of the dots.

My belief is that there is a configuration parameter missing, which would allow entering an expression in HTML for for displaying personalised content in the Tooltip.

As for the zone-selection, I guess one would have to program some MouseOver-type feature within the extension to have it interact as expected

Regards,

Philippe

Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee

Oh, so you’re wanting the dots to not grow in proportion to the measure and be a uniform size?

pgrenier
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

My case study was rather to show a bubble that would grow in size by steps based on a quantity of adresses corresponding a given grouping. I've noticed that bubbles with sizes 25, 50, 75 and 100 can be distiguished rather well from one another, and knowing that my total count should be inferior to 10, but most commonly between 1 and two, I set the following expression in the Measurement field:

=RangeMin(100, 25*Count(DISTINCT AddressID))

What bothers me is that for each Bubble I get the following tooltip:

Example Tooltip

(or 50, 75, 100 on the second line)

So the Measurement used for the actual size of the bubble is not automatically interesting for someone to see, and I believe it would be more relevant to display data with analytical value, as needed. For example, I could definitely imagine writing this as an expression in a Tooltip Info field:

='<b>Nb of Customers</b>= ' & Count(DISTINCT AddressID) & '</br><b>Avg. Sales</b>= ' & Avg(Sales)

Regards,

Philippe

Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee

You can find a map that is almost exactly the same as this one (but also has tooltip control) here:

brianwmunz/QuickMap-QV11 · GitHub

If you wanted the MapQuest tileset, you could just put this into the custom tileset property:

http://otile1.mqcdn.com/tiles/1.0.0/map/${z}/${x}/${y}.jpg

pgrenier
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thank You Brian!

This is exactly what I was looking for!!! 🙂

Cheers,

Philippe

Not applicable

Hi Guys,

I've encountered an issue with loading quickMap to the server. Te extension itself is working. The issue is that my kml map isnt loading. Its working fine on the desktop?

Anyone else encountered this?

Thanks in advance

Not applicable

Now I noticed that its not working on IE9 nor Chrome, but renders fine on FF? Anyone have any ideas?

sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

That is really helpful Brian