Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
newhere2014
Contributor II
Contributor II

Task failure

I got the following error msg. My understanding is this task failed to reloaded.

But this task reloaded successfully before and next day.

Could anyone explain in detail to me what caused this error? And how to prevent it in the future.

Many thanks.

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

as the reload has failed, its difficult to say why would have it failed as it depends on lots of factor, the first being a script error, or in your case, i think this QVW is to extract the data and when it ran the database was down or busy and Qlikview was not able to connect to the database. This could be one reason.

To monitor this, i would suggest you enable the Generate Log File option and also enable the option "Timestamp in LogFile Name" as this will create separate log files for each run, and this way you can verify the hostoric run details also.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Aadil

newhere2014
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Aadil.

I'll enable "Timestamp in LogFile Name" to create separate log files, in case this happens again.

Not applicable

As suggested, it could have been a lot of reasons.

I would look at script log and tasklog to compare.

Also, windows event and application log can give you good info, sort it by critical, warning and error and look at the time of the exception

newhere2014
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

The task failed again. As you suggested, I enabled "Timestamp in LogFile Name", and the log shows "General Script Error". But when I debug the script, there is no errors in script. I reran this task, and it reloaded successfully. Anyone has any idea why my task failed? Many thanks.

Here is the screenshot from the log.

Anonymous
Not applicable

One of the reason i can tell you is, The QVD was in use with another process. Like, someone was downloading this QVD through Filezilla or you had read this QVD with another instance of qv,exe...

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Check whether the file path exists or check while saving using Store command somebody or other apps accessing the file. 

Regards,

Jagan.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

If the "F" drive is a mapped drive it will not work. You will need to use an UNC path to the files, serivce accounts do not understand mapped drives.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
newhere2014
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you all for the thoughts.

I exam-med all qvws that may run at the same time when this task is running. And found they are all independent. The only reason I guess is that a couple of large qvws start and end almost at the same time and they may compete limited source(like memory, cpu etc.) , which leads to this task failed to store its own qvd sometimes.

Is that possible?